Chai tea latte with cold foam



You could use any type of plant based milk for this recipe. My go to is coconut milk. I love how the creaminess blends so deliciously with the chai tea. 💕

Ingredients:

1/3 cup of chai tea concentrate 
1 cup plant based milk 
cold foam - optional 
cinnamon 
honey - optional 
ice

For the concentrate; add 1 -2 chai tea, tea bags to 1/3 cup boiling water. Allow to steep at room temperature for at least 1 hour. The longer it steeps, the stronger your concentrate will be. 

If you prefer, after your concentrate is room temperature, you can store that with the tea bag/s still in the liquid, in the refrigerator for a more concentrated flavor. 

I like to sweeten my concentrate with a teaspoon of honey. I'll add that while the tea is still hot. 

For the cold foam; add your plant based milk  to a high powered blender, I use a nutri bullet, blend for 30-40 seconds. This blending incorporates air throughout the milk, thus creating foam at the top 1 inch area of the milk. I just scoop the foam out, place in a bowl until ready to use. 

Add ice to a glass, pour in tea concentrate. Add your plant based milk, stir and top with cold foam and cinnamon. Enjoy!